Announcing the development of OLPC OS 14.1.0

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Fri Sep 26 23:15:30 EDT 2014

Announcing our next release cycle:

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/14.1.0

Our goal is to combine Fedora 20 with Sugar 0.102, on XO-1.75, and
with dual-core and OpenGL support on XO-4.

An early development signed build for XO-4 is available, build #2:
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Release_notes/14.1.0

Several problems have been identified and ticketed already:
http://dev.laptop.org/report/51

The most significant are:

- many keyboard and front panel keys do not respond correctly,

- the Write activity and GNOME are missing, because they don't work,

- ad-hoc networks may be partitioned when they should coalesce.

Test reports are welcome on devel at lists.laptop.org thanks.

We encourage community developers to use our olpc-os-builder
repository to publish XO-1 and XO-1.5 builds of Fedora 20 with Sugar
0.102, and we can offer advice on that via the mailing lists.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/