Testing 40002au4.zd image on XO-4

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Sun Sep 14 21:51:19 EDT 2014

Thanks for the feedback.

Build 40002au4 is not public, it is a private build by a deployment,
so I can't really discuss it in detail, but some of the symptoms sound
similar to what I've been handling in the OLPC build 41001o4, which
can be found at: http://build.laptop.org/14.1.0/os1/xo-4/

On Mon, Sep 15, 2014 at 01:38:19AM +0000, tkkang at nurturingasia.com wrote:
> Maybe this information is already known.
> Played around and found the following:
> 1. Piano and Write not working.

By Piano perhaps you mean MusicKeyboard activity.  Yes, I think this
will be fixed in a new activity, I heard something about it privately.
I already removed it from the OLPC build until it gets fixed.  It
isn't in 41001o4.

The Write activity did not work for me.  I removed it from the OLPC
build until it gets fixed.  It isn't in 41001o4.  The activity log
(see the Log activity) only shows a segmentation fault (error 11) and
no detail.  I've not yet figured out what the problem is, but if
somebody else figures it out first, great.  I don't really know where
to look.

> 2. Browse will work but sometime it just kick you out :-(

I haven't seen that.  You can probably help by using the Log activity
to get the Browse log and post it in a reply here.

> 3. Other connected XO will not show in neighbourhood.

I've fixed this for the next OLPC build already.  It is caused by the
mDNS server not starting properly.

> 4. Picture taken by record normal but when view from clicking the
> picture "overexposed when access from the journal.

I haven't seen that.  Can you give an example screenshot?  Does the
same picture look overexposed when accessed using Record instead of
the Journal preview?

> 5. Can't get out to Gnome

Yes, GNOME requires OpenGL, and we don't have OpenGL, so I've removed
it from the OLPC build until it gets fixed.

James Cameron