[Announcement] Sugarizer v0.4 is available
lionel at olpc-france.org
Wed May 21 08:25:26 EDT 2014
I'm proud to announce the fourth version (0.4) of Sugarizer, a taste of
Sugar for any device.
To remind you, Sugarizer reproduce main features of Sugar in
a browser Sugar Web activities wrote for Sugar 0.100+.
Sugarizer is available from a browser or as an Android application.
New in this version:
- Three new activities:
- Tank Operation: a Tuxmath like activity, practice math facts in an
- TurtleJS: a TurtleArt like activity. A taste of TurtleArt for any
- ChatPrototype: see below.
- Sugar compatibility: Sugarizer could now be used as a developer
platform for Sugar-Web activity. So, developers could now develop Sugar
activities only with a browser and a file editor. Resulting activities will
work without any change on Sugar 0.100+.
- Improve Journal view: rename, delete and popup menu.
- Server collaboration: Sugarizer Server now allow each user to publish
local journal content to the Server. Just go to the journal view and access
to your private or to the shared journal zone. Plus, if you keep in mind
your user id (in settings/server), you could use the same settings (name,
color, language, private storage) from different computers.
- Presence API prototype: Sugarizer include a first prototype of
Presence API and a Chat test activity. You could chat with all other users
on the same server.
- Server connectivity to Client: The Android Client has capacity to
connect to a Sugarizer Server. Just go to Server settings: check the
connected checkbox and set your user id. You've now capacity to start your
work on your PC then update it on your tablet !
- Improved Android experience: Lot of issues related to Android
environment has been solved.
- API to server features: all server features are exposed as REST/JSON
interfaces. So, developers could easily access to all server contents from
any client (including, why not, the real Sugar journal).
Hope you'll enjoy it and you could say: "Yes, I want to Sugarize the world".
Do not hesitate to fork and contribute.
P.S.: Thanks to Jorge (TurtleJS activity), Suraj (Presence and Chat
prototype), Ignacio (Spanish translation) for their contribution to this
P.P.S.: For a visual demonstration of Sugarizer and this new version, you
could see my talk at SugarCamp Paris #3 here:
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Devel