Announcing another early Android build for XO-4

ben ben at morphoss.com
Thu Mar 20 18:19:26 EDT 2014

On 03/20/2014 03:51 PM, Paul Fox wrote:
> john wrote:
>   >
>   > On Mar 19, 2014, at 5:12 PM, ben wrote:
>   >
>   > > On 03/20/2014 07:01 AM, Esteban Bordón wrote:
>   > >> Hi!
>   > >>
>   > >> Someone knows how take a screenshot in android? Is there any keys combination for do it in the XO?
>   > >>
>   > > Android brings in a hot key combination for screenshot which is press the hard volume down and power
>   > > buttons at the same time, hold them for a second. But unfortunately it does work on current XO-4 build.
>   > > Need more investigation why.
>   >
>   > Probably something to do with our power button going through the EC,
>   > and not being directly sensed by the MMP3 SoC.
>   > Power button events thus come in over the EC/Host communications ---
>   > I'm not sure these are button down/button up events.
>
> the power button does produce real down/up events, but until today,
> when we released new EC firmware, both down and up came right
> together, independent of how long the button was held.  plus, the
> power button appears on a different input device than the rest of the
> keyboard, which shouldn't confuse things, but might.
>
> the new EC code produces real PRESSED and RELEASED events which the
> kernel now translates to to real key down/up input events.  ben needed
> this for the android power dialog, which relies on timing the button
> press duration in order to pop up the menu.  it's vaguely possible
> that this change also fixes the screenshot combo.

Thanks, John and Paul.

As Paul said new EC code generates real PRESSED and RELEASED events for
power button now.
But it doesn't fix the screenshot combo. I suspect it because the of the
Volume down button is actually
inside the keyboard, It doest not produces real pressed and released
events when long pressing instead
of produces a sequence of fake pressed and released events.

BTW:

Does anybody has any suggestion about what we should mapping these
buttons on XO-4 screen pad in Android
system? For example should we mapping a button switch between LCD color
and mono mode?

Thanks,
Ben