trac: lost all accounts, apology

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Mon Mar 3 03:19:25 EST 2014

G'day,

There was a spam attack on our trac instance again, four tickets were
created, and many invalid accounts were found.  In trying to remove
the extra accounts every account was removed instead.

Apologies for my mistake.

If you still need to use trac, please register [1] your account again.

A special question has been added to the register form to try to
reduce the attacks from the automatic robots.  The answer to the
special question is XO in uppercase or lowercase.

I wasn't able to find valid backups for trac.  The only backups we
have were made with the PostgreSQL database server running; the
documentation says this is not a usable backup.  So I'll look into
another method.