Xubuntu on OLPC X-1

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Mon Jun 30 16:15:38 EDT 2014

Hi Hellaino,

that is a fairly complex path, there are a few dozen important tweaks and
configurations you need for it to run well.

You can probably get Fedora with XFCE, which will be very similar for end
users, by using OLPC's OS Builder (OOB) --
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/OS_Builder

If you really want Ubuntu, I suggest you first play with OOB, look at all
the tweaks it applies, plus the custom packages (olpc-utils, etc), and
study how to apply similar changes to xubuntu.

hth,

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 -  ask interesting questions
 ~ http://docs.moodle.org/en/User:Martin_Langhoff