Xubuntu on OLPC X-1

Walter Bender walter.bender at gmail.com
Mon Jun 30 16:10:57 EDT 2014

Perhaps Ruben can help you with developer keys. Re xubuntu, it is not
supported, so you will be on your own there. I could recommend you look at
trisquel, a pure FOSS version of Ubuntu that has active support. Or stick
with Fedora, which has on-going support.

regards.

-walter

On Mon, Jun 30, 2014 at 4:03 PM, Hellânio Costa <hellanio at virtual.ufc.br>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm Hellanio Costa. I work with the One Computer per student projeto (UCA)
> at the Universidade Federal do Ceará (http://blogs.virtual.ufc.br/uca-ce2/).
>
> We have a school with over 500 OLPC X1 and teachers are asking me to
> install xubuntu, but I do not know where to start. I also do not have the
> developer key and do not know where to turn now that OLPC no longer support
> these machines.
> Can anyone help me?
>

> --
>        Hellânio Ferreira da Costa