Xubuntu on OLPC X-1

Richard A. Smith richard at laptop.org
Wed Jul 2 07:39:16 EDT 2014

On 07/01/2014 10:51 AM, Hellânio Costa wrote:
> Thanks for listening,
>
> Well, apparently I better go from idea to use fedora with xfce, but it
> becomes unfeasible to use sd card in each device and therefore we
> restricted the internal memory of the notebook.
>
> I believe a teacher contact Ricardo Carrano can I get a case of
> successful use of these notebooks.
>
> The most important thing now is to get a developer key for me to use the
> OLPC OS Builder and leave the system as clean as possible.

With the exception of "Postal Mail" one of the procedures listed here:

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Activation_and_developer_keys

Should get you a developer key.

If you want to get keys for a lot of machines all at once then you
should follow the collection stick procedure here:

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Collection_stick

If you have any problems with getting the collection stick to work a
very, very common failure is just a USB disk that behaves badly.  There
are both hardware problems or formatting problems that can trip up the
procedure.

If the collection stick doesn't seem to work then try a different USB
disk.  If that doesn't help then just report back your scenario here and
someone will be able to help you sort out where the problem is.

--
Richard A. Smith  <richard at laptop.org>
Former One Laptop per Child