Xubuntu on OLPC X-1

Richard A. Smith richard at laptop.org
Wed Jul 2 07:39:16 EDT 2014

On 07/01/2014 10:51 AM, Hellânio Costa wrote:
> Thanks for listening,
> Well, apparently I better go from idea to use fedora with xfce, but it
> becomes unfeasible to use sd card in each device and therefore we
> restricted the internal memory of the notebook.
> I believe a teacher contact Ricardo Carrano can I get a case of
> successful use of these notebooks.
> The most important thing now is to get a developer key for me to use the
> OLPC OS Builder and leave the system as clean as possible.

With the exception of "Postal Mail" one of the procedures listed here:

Should get you a developer key.

If you want to get keys for a lot of machines all at once then you
should follow the collection stick procedure here:

If you have any problems with getting the collection stick to work a
very, very common failure is just a USB disk that behaves badly.  There
are both hardware problems or formatting problems that can trip up the

If the collection stick doesn't seem to work then try a different USB
disk.  If that doesn't help then just report back your scenario here and
someone will be able to help you sort out where the problem is.

Richard A. Smith  <richard at laptop.org>
Former One Laptop per Child