[support-gang] rpm fusion and non-free

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Mon Jan 20 19:17:33 EST 2014

On Sun, Jan 19, 2014 at 06:10:27PM +0000, Tim Moody wrote:
> [...]  Now the problem is the XO 1.75.  You mentioned compiling from
> source.
>
> I have been looking in the free and nonfree sections of rpmfusion
>
> ·        http://download1.rpmfusion.org/free/fedora/releases/18/Everything/
> source/SRPMS/
> ·        http://download1.rpmfusion.org/nonfree/fedora/releases/18/Everything/
> source/SRPMS/
>
> Do you have any experience to help me narrow down what I need to
> compile?

Why would you want to recompile?  Fedora have already done that step
for you.  Use yumdownloader in yum-utils to make a collection of RPMs,
and then install them in your customisation stick based on xo-custom.

mkdir gs
cd gs
sudo yum install -y yum-utils
sudo yum localinstall -y --nogpgcheck \
    http://download1.rpmfusion.org/free/fedora/rpmfusion-free-release-$(rpm -E %fedora).noarch.rpm \
    http://download1.rpmfusion.org/nonfree/fedora/rpmfusion-nonfree-release-$(rpm -E %fedora).noarch.rpm
yumdownloader --resolve gstreamer{1,}-plugins-ugly gstreamer-plugins-bad gstreamer-ffmpeg

Updated:
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/GStreamer#Adding_codecs_using_xo-custom_or_other_scripting

CC: devel@

Please join and CC devel@ for all development discussions relating to