[UKids] "XO-1 classrooms" don't reliably connect to many/most Wifi AP's

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Sat Feb 8 04:03:30 EST 2014

On Sat, Feb 08, 2014 at 06:33:52PM +1000, T Gillett wrote:
> A more general solution will require a greater understanding of the
> XO-1 mesh facility and some modification of it to make it more
> 'sociable'.

No, I think we should instead figure out why the active scan by the
kernel breaks when a probe response arrives from a mesh node.

By enabling the debugging.

By switching it temporarily to a passive scan, which will rely on
beacons rather than induce the probe responses.

By comparing it with active scans done by software other than the
kernel; that is, Open Firmware.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/