Announcing another early Android build for XO-4

James Cameron quozl at
Mon Apr 7 02:23:18 EDT 2014

An Android 4.3.1 (Jelly Bean) build for the XO-4 laptop.

OLPC is preparing an Android, Sugar and Gnome dual-boot system for the

Our next development release of a dual boot build is available, with
the following changes:

- include Google services,

- enable screen shot key combination, (press power, then X game key,
  hold both for a second, release),

- camera preview and shot works,

- software codecs fixed,

The build is based on our arm-3.5 kernel, with changes which can be
found in the arm-3.5-android branch of our olpc-kernel repository.

Note: the .zd file has the same name as previous releases.

James Cameron