[Sugar-devel] Private vs Public conversations.

Gonzalo Odiard gonzalo at laptop.org
Sat Oct 19 15:43:01 EDT 2013

I agree with your analysis about slow deployment updates versus fast
community cycles.

In my view, there are two alternatives:

* We can slow down a little the Sugar cycle, may be doing one release by
year,
but I am not sure if will help. The changes will take more time to go to
the users?
If a deployment miss a update, will need wait a entire year?
* Someone can work in a LTS Sugar. That should be good if they can push
the fixes they work upstream while they are working in their own project.

If I was a deployment working with a 3th party, I would ask every fix will
be pushed upstream,
to be sure I will not have the same problem in 6 months or a year,
but I am sure the deployments do not know how the community and open source
projects
in general work.

Gonzalo

On Sat, Oct 19, 2013 at 9:46 AM, David Farning <dfarning at activitycentral.com