Exist any Activity cache that ones must be aware while code/deployment/test cycle an Activity?

Gonzalo Odiard gonzalo at laptop.org
Mon May 20 10:20:55 EDT 2013

On Mon, May 20, 2013 at 11:01 AM, Frank Cancio <frank at gsc.uy> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I developing an Activity for XO-1, sugar 0.94.1 and my procedure to
> test on a laptop is simple:
>
> 1- Remove the old .py and .pyo files from the
> /home/olpc/Activities/MyActivityName
>
> 2- Copy the new .py files for /home/olpc/Activities/MyActivityName

You can copy your new .py files in the directory.
If the .pyo are older will be updated by python.

> 3- Remove  from the Journal the entry created by the previous activity
> execution.(BTW, how can I do this by command line?)

You don't need do that if you didn't changed the structure of the saved
file.

> 4- Execute the activity to see the changes I introduced in the new .py
> copied.
>
> The changes that I'm doing between tests cycle aren't simple, and some
> time I have the feeling that the activity I run is not running with my
> last changes.

Check if the python process of your last activity has really finished.
You can see doing "ps ax | grep python" in the terminal.
If your activity is doing something wrong,
may is not finishing, and the next run can be confused.

> So, my questions is, exist any cache system or I must do anything else
> to make sure that the new .py files  get execute and not the code
> inside the files I delete?

No.

Gonzalo