USB Network Adapter recommendations

John Watlington wad at laptop.org
Sun May 12 23:15:57 EDT 2013

Can you recommend a particular USB network adapter for long term reliability ?

I have been using the Zoltan USB adapters that Michail had manufactured
for use with the XO, with ok performance.   (I have been told that under
heavy load they don't work as well.)   After only a year of continuous use, I just
had one stop working: transmissions (receptions ?) saw increasing errors but
kept operating (just dropping seriously impacting link performance).  Occasionally,
however, it would overcurrent the XO USB port, giving a clue as to the defective component.

Cheers,
wad