video broken on 1.75?

John Watlington wad at laptop.org
Tue Mar 19 20:32:44 EDT 2013

When using a block transform based video codec (MPEG-1/2/4, H.263/4, etc)
the dimensions of the video being encoded/decoded should always be a multiple
of the block size (8x8 in the above cases, although for MPEG 16x16 should be
used.)  To do otherwise requires serious contortions of the codec and doesn't
reduce the processing load.  I'm not at all surprised that a hardware
encoder/decoder would just fail.

Cheers,
wad