video broken on 1.75?

Daniel Drake dsd at
Tue Mar 19 15:37:31 EDT 2013

On Mon, Mar 18, 2013 at 7:37 PM, Sameer Verma <sverma at> wrote:
> We have a bunch of XO 1.75 going to Madagascar. These have build
> 13.1.0 (candidate 35). This ogv file [1] works well on a XO-1 but does
> not play via jukebox. The ogv file plays well in Browse (trouble with
> going fullscreen). It plays ok for a few seconds via MediaPlayer in
> [1]

Thanks for reporting.
Unfortunately there are many ogg theora files that don't play back on
XO-1.75, but they normally fail with an error message:

So I filed a new ticket for this video:

The reason that it works in Browse is probably that it is not using
hardware accelerated playback there.

When I saw a case of #12004 before, I worked around it by re-encoding
the video as it had some slightly special parameters. This video would
appear to be similar. It is a 320x180 video somehow encoded into the
320x192 theora resolution. I suspect if you re-encode it so that both
measurements are equal, it will work OK.