[support-gang] Customization Sticks fails on 13.1.0 & 12.1.0 for XO-1

John Watlington wad at laptop.org
Mon Mar 11 22:08:58 EDT 2013

On Mar 11, 2013, at 1:54 PM, Richard A. Smith wrote:

> On 03/11/2013 10:26 AM, Daniel Drake wrote:
>
>>> would have to be signed by OLPC or Reuben would have to give them a Haiti
>>> key thats installed via keyjector.
>>
>> This is not a new situation for us, and the approach we have taken in
>> the past is to help such deployments un-secure all of their laptops,
>> or provide a keyjector to insert custom keys, upon their request.
>
> Nod. Kejector for small deployments is new to me.  I thought keyjector was only for special cases.
>
> I don't think most of the folks on say the support-gang list have any idea that keyjector is an option for them.

I don't think it is an option.   A keyjector should not be made publicly available.

Please don't redistribute secure laptops --- OLPC's policy since early 2009 has
been to deprecate the security system.   The exceptions have been deployments
"large" enough to have dedicated support staff capable of handling their own keys.

wad