[support-gang] gray dots forever: when 12.1.0 & 13.1.0 never fully boot (XO-1 especially? 11.3.1 too)

Daniel Drake dsd at laptop.org
Mon Mar 11 12:55:00 EDT 2013

On Mon, Mar 11, 2013 at 10:31 AM, Nancie Severs <olpc.dristi at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I had it with a brand new blue high school XO-1.5 (that booted normally
> before I flashed it to 12.1.0). I took that one to the Boston office &
> Richard Smith watched the boot and figured out the work around. Adam has it
> for Haiti now. I have XO-1's that do this that I can provide to someone to
> hook up & log as you suggest. And I have a few new 1.5's that we can try and
> reproduce it on also, if helpful. My point is that the problem is not
> limited to the XO-1s.
>
> Richard, would it be helpful for me to bring some affected XOs down to the
> office if I can get to Boston later this week?

That would be excellent, we'd just have to make sure that Richard and
I have time to work through this at the right moment. Would you be
leaving XOs there for a day or two, or would you need to take them
away with you when you leave a couple of hours later?

We won't be able to diagnose anything if we can't reproduce the
problem of course, and it sounds like that at least today you are
having trouble hitting this. That would complicate things.

Daniel