13.1.0 build 36 released for XO-4

Samuel Greenfeld greenfeld at laptop.org
Fri Mar 8 16:42:17 EST 2013

Write can collaborate with os36, although it looks like you might be able
to share things from the sharing XO-4 and not get data back from joining
XOs.

Distance when shared over ad-hoc works as well as Chat and Maze through a
schoolserver.  The distances shown look like they might be close to
correct.  When registered to a schoolserver Browse logs into Moodle as
expected.

A secured 1.2 GHz C1 XO-4 can activate itself over wifi from a XS with a
delegated lease as well as get updates when "olpc-update-query" is manually
run after schoolserver registration.

While two activities can play audio at the same time, this does not mean
that you can play music in one and record it in Record.  Some activities
(like TamTam) may try to quiet themselves shortly after you switch focus
away from them.

Wifi (WMM or similar) power saving is turned off, so the wifi LED will not
flash while associated to an AP which supports doing this at this time.
Aggressive suspending while the laptop is off is also turned off.

There still are some video driver issues like the corrupted cursor upon a
full lid-close-using suspend & resume cycle.