Auckland Testing Summary 6 July 2013

Chris Leonard cjlhomeaddress at gmail.com
Sat Jul 6 11:34:44 EDT 2013

On Sat, Jul 6, 2013 at 11:18 AM, Chris Leonard <cjlhomeaddress at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Sat, Jul 6, 2013 at 9:22 AM, Walter Bender
>
>  > Turtleblocks activity has a partial translation inside the activity due
>> > to new blocks being added. The name of the Turtleblocks activity has not
>> > been translated (but again that might be deliberate).
>>
>> I will check to make sure all of the latest strings are downloaded
>> from Pootle. Turlte Blocks should be translated. Will investigate.
>>

> The string for "TurtleBlocks" is currently marked 'fuzzy", which means it
> will not appear in builds.
>

> http://translate.sugarlabs.org/mi/fructose/turtleart-activity.po?view_mode=translate

The Fuzzy string for TurtleBlocks (may be a fuzzy match to TurtleArt)

HonuKaretao

honu = turtle

karetao (noun) toy carved in human form with arms moved by pulling a
string, puppet, marionette, robot, jumping jack.

Just unfuzzying it may result in the Labrynth/Maze issue (two things same
name).  An alternative might be something like:

HonuPereki
or
HonuParaka

pereki = (bricks) (from an online dictionary)

"block" seems to be translated as paraka elsewhere in the PO file, not sure
what the difference between  pereki and paraka might be.

We really need more Maori localization work done.

cjl
Sugar Labs Translation Team Coordinator