[OLPC New Zealand] Māori Macrons & olpc keyboard

Tom Parker tom at carrott.org
Fri Jul 5 17:00:42 EDT 2013

On 06/07/13 05:37, Jerry Vonau wrote:>

 > On 5 July 2013 07:01, Tom Parker <tom at carrott.org
 > <mailto:tom at carrott.org>> wrote:
 >
 >     I now have a USB that re-flashes if you hold down the game keys,
 >     reboots, sets the timezone, the language and the keyboard and then
 >     prompts the user to press enter to shut down. If you don't hold down
 >     the game keys it just does the customization which can be done more
 >     than once without damage.
 >

 > Care to share the forth scripting? Remember to have the AC plugged in
 > for the first boot, there maybe a firmware update in the image. I've
 > taken a slightly path using a menu for different operations and install
 > new firmware if present before installing the image.

No additional scripting, I'm relying on the built-in
hold-down-game-keys-for-signed-build-reflash to select the behaviour.

 > There is a "press enter to shutdown" routine build into xo-custom are
 > you scripting the reboot question also?

If you're talking about the read < /dev/tty1 > /dev/tty1 I haven't
changed it. It usually doesn't work. When it doesn't work, after
pressing enter once, every second key-press is passed to the shell,
until you press enter again and then it shuts down.

 > Do you mind sharing your
 > scripts? I plan on using some examples in creating some better
 > documentation for a how-to.

Attached. I wouldn't necessarily recommend the way I'm inserting the
keyboard as I'm not following all the recommendations on the various
keyboard related pages.