XO-1(.75)

Daniel Drake dsd at laptop.org
Thu Jul 4 15:57:14 EDT 2013

On Thu, Jul 4, 2013 at 12:48 PM, Yioryos Asprobounitis
<mavrothal at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Tried the following little script but I can not find a way to get the output of 'time' command to the output.txt file.

Not really sure what you are trying to do here - sugar-launch will not
return until the activity exits.

I ran a couple of experiments here, with XO-1s running 12.1.0 and 13.2.0.
Clock (which is a GTK2 activity on both versions) does start 0.5 - 1
second slower on 13.2.0.
On 12.1.0 it starts in 10.5 seconds. That is approx 5% change.

Running under perf, the most noticable difference is that X uses 5% of
CPU time on 12.1.0, and 10% on 13.2.0. A 5% change.

Unfortunately perf doesn't tell me which part of X is eating CPU,
apart from the fact that it is not in the kernel. Need to figure out
why perf can't be more specific.

The risk to this work is that we might fix the 5% X issue and see no
noticable difference. But I will try to continue a bit of
investigation here next week.

Daniel