Need some information about the stark reality in deployments

NoiseEHC noiseehc at
Wed Jul 3 07:25:34 EDT 2013

Could somebody from OLPC or some big deployments answer these questions

1. As I understand, deployments stuck on old builds. What it the most
popular version? I guess it is GTK2 based.
2. Is there a plan to deploy newer versions? If so what is the roadmap?

I ask this as I want to target my PhoneGap port to target the largest
amount of children so it can have some impact. It can include
backporting the code to GTK2 if necessary.