Cameras not working on XO-1s

Gary Martin garycmartin at googlemail.com
Wed Jan 30 18:43:28 EST 2013

Hi Christoph,

On 30 Jan 2013, at 20:02, Christoph Derndorfer <christoph.derndorfer at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi again,
>
> another issue we encountered during today's workshop session was that on 3~4 XO-1s the camera didn't work (all machines are running 12.1.0 with the associated firmware).

Random FWIW, on my XO-1 B4 the camera stopped working (black screen). In this case, it was due to an overly short flat flex cable from the camera to the motherboard, where twisting pressure (opening/closing) on the case could pull the flat flex cable out of the socket enough to loose connection (I think movement of a usb key in one of the two right sockets could also trigger it). In my case sometimes slightly squeezing the case by the camera triggered the camera back into life for a short while. In the end I opened the unit up and firmly reseated the cable. It's been fine since then.

This issue was subsequently fixed, but I'm not sure when.

Regards,
--Gary