XO-4 lack of keyboard/mouse input - still happening?

Jon Nettleton jon.nettleton at gmail.com
Tue Jan 29 11:34:07 EST 2013

On Tue, Jan 29, 2013 at 5:28 PM, Paul Fox <pgf at laptop.org> wrote:

> daniel wrote:
>  > Hi,
>  >
>  > In recent months we have seen some issues with the XO-4 keyboard and
>  > mouse, where the system would boot (or resume from suspend?) and not
>  > respond to keyboard/mouse input (and/or respond to keyboard input in a
>  > very lagged manner).
>  >
>  > This problem may have been accompanied with kernel messages like:
>  > psmouse serio1: Failed to deactivate mouse on olpc_touchpad/serio0
>  > psmouse serio1: Failed to enable mouse on olpc_touchpad/serio0
>  > psmouse serio1: sentelic: Unable get OPC state.
>  > atkbd serio0: keyboard reset failed on olpc_keyboard/serio0
>  >
>  > and corresponds to tickets:
>  > #12101 cl4: touchpad missing after reboot
>  > #12370 No mouse interaction possible after bootup
>  >
>  > Has anyone seen these problems or the possibly-related kernel messages
>  > on recent builds such as 13.1.0 build 27 with the latest firmware?
>  >
>  > I previously saw it fairly regularly on my two XO-4s but I can't
>  > recall seeing it recently. Additionally, we would sometimes get those
>  > kernel messages during shutdown, and those messages have now gone
>  > away, so I'm wondering if we have fixed these issues while working on
>  > related things.
>
> i wish i could point to an EC or kernel fix that i'm aware of that
> would have made it go away, but i can't.  i agree that i don't recall
> seeing it lately.

I have seen this problem on both my machines today while testing.
 Sometimes just keyboard, sometimes touchpad, sometimes both.  I found that
if my machine was in this state and I suspend it, resume would hang at
ec_irq on the console.  The only fix was powering off and removing plug and
battery.

My guess is this is a timing problem as after I removed a bunch of debug
messages from my S/R functions I stopped having the problem.

-Jon