13.1.0 release candidate 2 (build 21) released

Paul Fox pgf at laptop.org
Wed Jan 2 14:56:46 EST 2013

jerry wrote:
 > On Sun, 2012-12-30 at 12:42 +0000, Daniel Drake wrote:
 > > Hi,
 > >
 > > We're pleased to announce the next release candidate of our new 13.1.0
 > > software release.
 > < snip >
 > > This build now enables XO-4 idle suspend by default. This is still a
 > > work in progress, there are still various instabilities which may make
 > > this build feel more unstable than previous ones. You can disable
 > > automatic power management in sugar's Settings panel to restore
 > > previous behaviour.
 > >

 > Once my XO-4s (B1 & C2) enters idle suspend they can not be awakened
 > with any external method I've tried. No response to touch-screen,
 > touch-pad, keyboard, or power-button to trigger a event in powerd. I've

[semi-]reliable suspend/resume on C1/C2 requires new as-yet-unreleased
EC code.  i've not yet had a B1 work well.

also, as you've found, rtcalarm-based resume should be okay, but i
don't think anything else will wake the system reliably.

 > set the dim/blank to be 60/120 to speed up testing whether rtcalarm
 > works. What I found interesting is once suspended then using the
 > keyboard to awaken if you wait for rtcalarm to wake the XO the event
 > will be shown as 'keypress' while tracing powerd.

yes, a kernel issue was causing most wakeups to be ascribed to
"keypress".  should be fixed in the next build.

paul