13.1.0 release candidate 2 (build 21) released

Jerry Vonau jvonau at shaw.ca
Wed Jan 2 14:46:15 EST 2013

On Sun, 2012-12-30 at 12:42 +0000, Daniel Drake wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We're pleased to announce the next release candidate of our new 13.1.0
> software release.
< snip >
> This build now enables XO-4 idle suspend by default. This is still a
> work in progress, there are still various instabilities which may make
> this build feel more unstable than previous ones. You can disable
> automatic power management in sugar's Settings panel to restore
> previous behaviour.

Once my XO-4s (B1 & C2) enters idle suspend they can not be awakened
with any external method I've tried. No response to touch-screen,
touch-pad, keyboard, or power-button to trigger a event in powerd. I've
set the dim/blank to be 60/120 to speed up testing whether rtcalarm
works. What I found interesting is once suspended then using the
keyboard to awaken if you wait for rtcalarm to wake the XO the event
will be shown as 'keypress' while tracing powerd.

Jerry