latest HaitiOS-0.6 very close

Jerry Vonau jvonau at
Wed Dec 18 16:12:53 EST 2013

Hi Tim,

I'd first see if you can build an image with a stock configuration before you introduce any changes. I'd create a yum repo containing the rpm on the building box, next introduce that yum repo into olpc-os-builder with an entry in the [repos] section of the .ini file. ie:

After your changes run OOB and check the output/packages.txt to see which version was installed.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tim Moody" <tim at>
To: "George Hunt" <georgejhunt at>, "Adam Holt" <holt at>
Cc: "Sandra / Sora Edwards-Thro" <sora at>, "Curt Thompson" <curtathompson at>, "Developers List" <devel at>, jvonau at
Sent: Wednesday, 18 December, 2013 12:12:48 PM
Subject: Re: latest HaitiOS-0.6 very close

>given the potential for error, I re-downloaded the q2f199, and without changing name, copied it up to our boot directory.
>Then when I tar-ed it all up, downloaded, the tar, expanded, I discovered that the presence of the in the boot directory prevented the 4button load (finding the signed OS img using or from working.
>The observation was that It didn't find the image after 4 button startup. Then moved /boot/ to /boot/, and the img was loaded.

I went part way down the road of trying to bundle q2f19 into 21021o0.img, but stopped because I hoped the approach you tried would work. says the os image includes firmware. so I installed olpc-os-builder and had a look at olpc-os-12.1.0-xo1.ini, but I don’t see how to rebuild with the later firmware.