hdmi out

Jon Nettleton jon.nettleton at gmail.com
Sun Aug 18 05:24:30 EDT 2013

On Aug 18, 2013 10:30 AM, "Barry Vercoe" <barry at laptop.org.au> wrote:

> Jon, yes the file exists on our system here.  Contains just a zero.

Also when HDMI is plugged in? Could you send me a full dmesg output of the
HDMI handshake with auto power save enabled?

> -- barry
>
> On 18/08/2013 6:18 p.m., Jon Nettleton wrote:
>>

>> On Sun, Aug 18, 2013 at 7:57 AM, Barry Vercoe <barry at laptop.org.au>
wrote:

>>> Of Course!!  I used to have that problem when I played long Csound
demos -- overworking the Flt Pt processor yet untouched by human hands
...   I don't know why I didn't relate the two situations.

>>> Turned off power saving, and the problem immediately went away.
>>> No, power saving doesn't turn off automatically when hdmi is plugged
in.  Perhaps it should ...
>>> Or at least we should have a warning distributed with the hdmi cable
that the port will turn off after 15 seconds with power saving on.

>> Could you check something quick for me.  Does the status
file /sys/devices/d420b000.display/pxa168fb_gfx.1/hpd exist on your system?

>> Thanks
>>

>>> Thanks all.
>>> -- b

Apparently

indicate the laptop has gone to sleep?

power saving automatically turned off when I plugged in an external display
and turned on again when I unplugged it, but perhaps this isn't working on
your laptop?