Aggressive screen blanking with 13.1.0 build 35

Tom Parker tom at carrott.org
Wed Apr 17 06:22:52 EDT 2013

On 17/04/13 09:20, Andrew Ruthven wrote:
> I've just updated an XO 1.75 to 13.1.0 build 35. But I've noticed that
> it blanks the screen after 12 seconds of inactivity. Then approximately
> 30 seconds later it flashes the screen on and blanks it again a couple
> of times then goes into suspend.

Do you have an early prototype XO-1.75 with no DCON memory? We have at
least one of these and the normal automatic power management is very
disruptive as you loose the display (the backlight remains on however).

I don't think I ever tested 13.1.0 build 35 so I can't comment on
whether it's suspend behaviour is unusual. 13.2.0 build 3 does what I
expect it to do (suspend after ~20 seconds screen blank after much much
longer).