13.1.0 development build 3 released

Daniel Drake dsd at laptop.org
Mon Sep 24 11:25:38 EDT 2012

Hi Alan,

On Sat, Sep 22, 2012 at 2:57 PM, Alan Jhonn Aguiar Schwyn
<alanjas at hotmail.com> wrote:
> I have an old XO-1 (SKU 1) with firmware: Q2F13
>
> I have some thinks with this new image:

Thanks a lot for testing.

> SUGAR:
>
> -the usb pendrive I need mount manually..

SL#3911

> -the first time that you click on the journal, it no appears (I can see a
> window that minimizes

SL#3810

> to right bottom of the screen
> -I have problems with the click, seems that sometimes the event is no getted
> for
> the system. with usb mouse, no changes..

Probably #12115 (that one should at least be investigated first)

> -the control panel:
>      - language: -would add an "accelerator" to find the language quickly?
> That you press
>                        's' and go to s in the combo..

This would be a question for the sugar development list.

>                          - the option of add secondary languages works, but
> the second.. third.. combos no
>                        appears

I don't understand what you mean here. Can you be more
descriptive/specific? Exactly what are you clicking on, selecting, and
expecting?

>                         - the buttons of 'cross' and 'tick' to apply the
> changes, no appears. the window
>                        have bigger size than the usual panel of control
> windows. the right and left margin
>                        no exit (maybe is the reason to the icons of cross no
> appears)
>       - modem: same problem with large window.

Bug reports welcome for these (on SL trac) - I can't see existing tickets.

> speak: the activity open, say "hello.. write something" but only see a grey
> screen. after of
>       a time, the activity is draw..

SL#3901

> -connect to AP: I cannot connect, when you click, appears the "star" but no
> give me the
> "password" window (it's a secured wifi)

Ticket appreciated on SL trac.

> -I think that exist a ticket with this problem: when press the "sound keys",
> the sound change
> but in the frame, the icon display the same icon.

Yes, known issue.

> GNOME:
>
> -I not see the icon of the "networks", but if I click on them, it shows the
> networks..

#11979

> - Why now uses Epiphany instead Firefox ?
>   epiphany loads "google.com.uy" and crash :-(
>   I attach the strace of it..

We were forced to move from Mozilla to Webkit on the Sugar side and we
made the same migration on the GNOME side. Epiphany/WebKit also is
more suitable for our platform for a variety of reasons. Don't be too
discouraged by the XO-1 crash you are seeing (#12088) which we will
fix soon :)

Thanks for the report, looking forward to future ones :)

Daniel