3G USB Dongle usage

Jerry Vonau jvonau at shaw.ca
Tue Oct 9 10:59:41 EDT 2012

On Tue, 2012-10-09 at 20:02 +0530, RJV wrote:
> Jerry,
>

> Configured the modem through Sugar but although the USB stick gets
> recognized, the autorun is not invoked and also tried a few commands
> from the terminal but could not make it work.

Can you plug in your 3G dongle, copy /var/log/messages to a usbkey and
post that please, need to see if your card is detected correctly.

> I tried by switching to the Linux env.... In the Lnux env., the system
> says "Autorun recognized...(not verbatim)" message but the autorun
> does not execute.

Don't think the autorun will work, but that is not really required if
your 3G dongle is detected correctly.

> Attached is the file system of the root and the "Linux" folder.

I see a linux folder, if your 3G dongle is not detected you may have to
manually install the drivers for it, but lets see the logging first.

Jerry