[Techteam] 13.1.0 devel build 5 released, for the XO-1, XO-1.5, XO-1.75 and XO-4

Martin Langhoff martin at laptop.org
Sun Oct 7 19:29:09 EDT 2012

On Sun, Oct 7, 2012 at 6:56 PM, Peter Robinson <pbrobinson at gmail.com> wrote:
> Not yet, all the layouts are in and gtk2 works now

Installed, quick test. You're right, the ebook trigger isn't
happening. And I cannot type with it -- Write won't show input from
the OSK, home view search box won't show input from OSK.

The touchscreen scale_{x,y} defaults are killing me. They make the UI
_very_ awkward to use -- I average 2.5 touches before I can hit a
moderately large button ("next", or the "stop" icon). This is because
the offset the driver applies shifts in every spot of the screen, it's
a devilish thing.

Paul, can we crank those defaults way down? Or add a dampening / ramp
up effect to the offset that is flat in most of the screen, but
quickly ramps up near edges? (If you don't believe me, install OS5 and
use Sugar with the touchscreen for a while).

thanks!

 - ask interesting questions