[OLPC-AU] Auckland Testing Summary 29 September 2012

Jerry Vonau jerry at laptop.org.au
Sat Oct 6 13:10:18 EDT 2012

Thanks for testing.

On 5 October 2012 23:47, Tom Parker <tom at carrott.org> wrote:

> Auckland Testing Summary 29 September 2012
> Who: John, Oliver, Tabitha, Tom
> Testing build 44 11.3.1-au
>
> XO-1.75:
> Browse 192.3!! Rocking like it’s January 2010!
> Based on Firefox 3.6.23, 5 security releases made since!
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/**Firefox_3.6#cite_note-41<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firefox_3.6#cite_note-41>
> Crashes if you visit large image, previously reported as olpc #11569
> Google docs complains browser is out of date.
> Can create google docs unlike latest Browse
> Can open links in new tabs unlike latest Browse
> It’s quite slow, get slow script warning on wikipedia!

noted

> Somehow we managed to download a new webkit browse.xo and install it on
> one laptop. This version of browse didn’t work at all. We got this version
> by downloading on an x86 laptop from a page with a big list of versions
> (sorry, we don’t know exactly where). Shouldn’t the XO refuse to install
> something that won’t actually work with it?

The new webkit based browse.xo is sugar 0.96 or greater, presently there is
no way to stop users from shooting themselves in the foot by installing a
bundle that is not supported on their version of sugar.

Record locked up when I recorded video on Hoiho. Force quit worked, but
> camera light stays on and record just has a grey preview when you restart
> it. This only happened once.
> Record doesn’t work on high quality see olpc #11668.

Think we have this resolved with au45(1.75)/au245(1.5) or greater. The
updated activity is available for installation via "My Settings" ->
"Software Updater" when you have internet available.

> On Moa usb drives don’t show up on the frame or get auto mounted. The
> drive shows up in /var/log/messages and /proc/partitions. After a reboot
> this worked ok. I think we saw this back in the day.
>
> Distance doesn’t work at all, see olpc #11596. This activity should be
> removed if it can’t be fixed.
>
> Edit starts with the focus somewhere invisible, you have to click on the
> canvas before it does anything.
>
> XO-1.5 Ivy
> maze works
> ruler works