Announcing Q2F14 for XO-1

Daniel Drake dsd at laptop.org
Sun Nov 25 16:11:50 EST 2012

On Sun, Nov 25, 2012 at 2:59 PM, James Cameron <quozl at laptop.org> wrote:
> I agree it is late in your 13.1.0 phase, so I'm fine with you omitting
> the builds if you feel the risk is too high.  On the other hand, if it
> works now, it is one less risk to take with 13.2.0, and there are some
> fixes.

You are right, there are pros and cons. However, unless you have a
strong preference, I'd prefer to go with omitting them this cycle.

> These RPMs are in the split version format, olpc-firmware-q2-f14, and
> as far as I can see in git, your modules/xo1/kspkglist.50.xo1.inc is
> specifying olpc-firmware only, and not olpc-firmware-q2, but I'm not
> sure what the result will be.  I suspect olpc-firmware-q2-f14 won't
> be picked up.  Do you agree?

Thats true, I had forgotten about that. So if we agree on not shipping
these new versions right now, we are already set.

We will just have to be careful for XO-1.75 when you make a new
development release there. In the XO-1.75 case we are already using
olpc-firmware-q4. Hiding the file would be a good solution there.

> If it is picked up but you don't want it to be ... you could either
> not pull them, or I could hide them, which would you rather?  If I
> hide them, there's a risk of neglecting to restore them for
> 13.2.0.

Added a note to my "to-do next cycle" list, so I don't think I/we will forget.

Thanks
Daniel