OLPC OS on Zync Z930 Tablet

Sameer Verma sverma at sfsu.edu
Thu Nov 22 16:11:48 EST 2012

On Thu, Nov 22, 2012 at 5:37 AM, Christoph Derndorfer <
christoph.derndorfer at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey everyone,
>
> a Google News Alert just pointed me to this thread over on the XDA
> developer forums where someone working for an NGO in India is trying to
> figure out whether it's possible to get Sugar running on a low-cost tablet:
> http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2005715
>
> Not sure whether anyone has ever tried something similar but given the
> ever-improving ARM support of Fedora I thought someone here might be able
> to help the guy out.

I can think of two ways this could possibly work. One is to "dual boot" so
that the entire Fedora+Sugar stack lives on a storage medium and the tablet
boots into it. The other is to reuse the Linux part of the Android stack,
but to run a different upper stack like how Ubuntu on Android works (
http://www.ubuntu.com/devices/android). A similar approach is used with
Debian on Android where the Debian system lives in a chroot.
http://evilzone.org/android/debian-on-android/

cheers,
Sameer

Cheers,