12.1.0 on XO-1 customization stick

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Thu Nov 15 23:14:53 EST 2012

On Thu, Nov 15, 2012 at 09:21:53PM -0500, Tony Anderson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks. Now two questions:
>
> 1. How do I create and install a local key?

The bios-crypto software creates local keys.

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Firmware_security "Making New Deployment
Keys"

The firmware accepts local keys at the ok prompt, storing them in the
manufacturing data area of the SPI FLASH chip.

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Firmware_security "Adding Deployment Keys to
Manufacturing Data" and "Procedures for Adding Deployment Keys En
Masse" (for instance, using the key injector).

> 2. How do I sign the build with that key?

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/OSBuilder#Signing_preparation first, then
follow the instructions in the signing module of olpc-os-builder:

http://dev.laptop.org/git/projects/olpc-os-builder/tree/modules/signing/README

> This procedure uses a single key which is installed in all XOs (not
> a different key for each laptop like the developer key).

Yes, installed on all laptops in a deployment or collection.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/