12.1.0 on XO-1 customization stick

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Thu Nov 15 21:19:16 EST 2012

I agree with John.  Also, two of your steps have some additional
technology support depending on your need for scalability:

1.  getting a developer key for each laptop in a school

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Collection_stick is software on a USB device
thatwill collect the serial number from each laptop it is inserted
into.

2.  a key injector

A deployment can contact OLPC for special signed software that will
inject a deployment key.  Naturally we would not want this software to
be used by mistake, as it would pollute laptops with deployment keys,
so it is not available publically.  Cost of setting up this software
for a deployment will need to be negotiated.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/