Neonode low-level access

Gary Martin garycmartin at googlemail.com
Thu Nov 8 10:47:26 EST 2012

Hi Bert,

On 8 Nov 2012, at 14:38, Bert Freudenberg <bert at freudenbergs.de> wrote:

> How can I get at low-level data from the XO-4's touch screen in Linux? I'm thinking of the actual light levels of all the sensors around the edges.

Unfortunately not at the moment, as far as I'm aware of (happy to be proven wrong). It was on the feature design list at an early stage of the dev cycle (so that we could implement things like a multi-touch piano) but time went to the primary use case and no driver work was done exposing this data, as far as I can tell. There are some parameters exposed under /sys/module/zforce/parameters, but nothing like the light level data. Perhaps something to push for in the next cycle?

Regards,
--Gary