[Server-devel] gathering use cases

Dr. Gerald Ardito gerald.ardito at gmail.com
Sat Nov 3 09:54:19 EDT 2012

Sameer,

Thanks for doing this work.
Here are some thoughts In the deployment I have been managing we have used
the server in two ways:
1. As a jabber server only. We have about 140 XO-1s, and without the jabber
server, the cross-talk slowed down the devices dramatically when more than
about 30 were running simultaneously.

2. As a wireless network access point. This was especially important in the
dark times before our school reconfigured our wireless network to work
properly with the XOs.

When we began, Moodle was less important to us, but now that I have been
Moodle with my 7th and 8th grade students (who are not using the XOs), I
can see the benefit of using it with an XO deployment.

I hope this is helpful.

Thanks again.
Gerald