XO battery/performance

Yioryos Asprobounitis mavrothal at yahoo.com
Tue May 29 03:14:17 EDT 2012

--- On Mon, 5/28/12, Martin Langhoff <martin.langhoff at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hmmmm. Sorry, I disagree here. You have usage cases, and
> they are very
> different from each other. There isn't much "normal".

I would agree with this.

The original test although intended for other things, suggested that the ARM CPU (a major difference in the XO-1.75) is significant more efficient (output/watt) but also less capable (output/time) than the x86 of the XO-1.5.

I have the sense that both of these are generally accepted as trends but the extend of "gains and losses" is not quite clear.
I would be happy to try other recommended tests that may be more representative/appropriate to better quantify CPU performance and efficiency differences.

In the mean time I'll wrestle with lmbench and see what comes out.