en_GB in OLPC OS 12.1.0

Walter Bender walter.bender at gmail.com
Thu May 24 20:34:53 EDT 2012

On Thu, May 24, 2012 at 8:21 PM, Sridhar Dhanapalan
<sridhar at laptop.org.au> wrote:
> On 25 May 2012 08:00, James Cameron <quozl at laptop.org> wrote:
>> On behalf of the kids that I test with ...
>>
>> I'd prefer that we not include en_AU at all if we can't also include
>> en_GB, but I don't know if we have the ability to configure fallbacks
>> in Sugar.  If we can't configure fallbacks, we should exclude en_AU
>> and languages for which a specified fallback is necessary.
>
> Sugar allegedly supports fallbacks, but they are not working properly
> for us right now:
>
> https://dev.laptop.org.au/issues/999
>
> Our fallback for now is to use en_GB as the primary language.
>
> Sridhar

There doesn't seem to have been an upstream ticket filed, so I doubt
anyone upstream has looked into it. If I am properly parsing the
thread, it seems that the fallback is broken when there are multiple
fallbacks: the intermediate language is not picked up?

-walter

--
Walter Bender
Sugar Labs