en_GB in OLPC OS 12.1.0

Sridhar Dhanapalan sridhar at laptop.org.au
Thu May 24 18:56:57 EDT 2012

On 25 May 2012 03:05, Martin Langhoff <martin.langhoff at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, May 23, 2012 at 8:06 PM, Sridhar Dhanapalan
> <sridhar at laptop.org.au> wrote:
>> OLPC OS 12.1.0 is looking good! I noticed that en_US and en_AU are
>> available. We have our language fallbacks set to en_AU;en_GB;en_US to
>> overcome the lack of strings in en_AU. Would it be possible to have
>> en_GB included by default as well?
>
> I assume you'll be building a custom OS image, no?

Yes, which admittedly makes this discussion redundant for those who
use our builds.

I am only really asking because you have gone to the trouble (thanks!)
of including en_AU, which in its current state is only useful if
there's an en_GB fallback. This actually makes sense, since en_AU and
en_GB are probably 99% identical.

Sridhar