OLPC stuff found during Pootle housekeeping

Chris Leonard cjlhomeaddress at gmail.com
Sat May 19 15:58:08 EDT 2012

Dear OLPC'ers,

I was poking around on the Pootle server (translate.sugarlabs.org) and
I came across some old remnants of previously hosted OLPC projects
dating back to when Pootle was on an OLPC hardware.

In the interest of cleaning up (prior to a future migration to a new
Pootle VM (hopefully on our new hardware), there are a few projects I
wanted to ask about to determine if there were any reason to retain
these (even if only as on-line back-up and archive)?

In this dir:
/var/lib/pootle/translations

1) act_server

# OLPC Activation and Theft-Deterrence Server
# Copyright (C) 2008 One Laptop Per Child Association, Inc.
# This file is distributed under the same license as the act-server package.
# C. Scott Ananian <cscott at laptop.org>, 2008.

2) content

(only two strings)

msgid "Developer key request"

msgid "Use the button below to request a developer key for your machine."

3) packaging

# ONE LAPTOP PER CHILD    http://www.laptop.org
# XO - Start-up Kit

# This page is for the green-and-white stuffer sheet explaining
# in very simple terms what the laptop's pieces are and do, and
# what its basic interfaces do.

4) OLPC website (contains the following)

auxilary.pot
bio.pot
children.pot
foundation.pot
gettingstarted.pot
laptop.pot
toplevel.pot
vision.pot

5)  Older Sugar projects

I will probably zip and archive these as we no longer accept L10n on
them, but they are Sugar, so I'll keep them on our server.

fructose82
glucose82
update1
xo_bundled
xo_core

Does anyone from OLPC have a desire to hold the archive of the
OLPC-specific PO dirs?  Is there any interest in revising these and
having these opened up to accept new L10n?

cjl
Sugar Labs Translation Team Coordinator