[Sugar-devel] Wanting to know a bit of (NetworkManager) workflow upon resume-from-suspend

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Sun May 13 13:28:42 EDT 2012

On Sat, May 12, 2012 at 5:40 PM, Jerry Vonau <jvonau at shaw.ca> wrote:
> Don't think OOB is used to generate the initramfs, from the kernel spec
> file:

You are correct as to current state of play. It _used_ to be generated
during the OOB run. Now it is build during the kernel build.

This makes things rather tricky -- currently to get a kernel driver
param such as this one you need to install it _on the machine where
you build your kernel rpm_. This is at best awkward -- the kernel
build environment better be a chroot :-/

So currently Ajay will need to rebuild the kernel rpm in a chroot
where he has installed that libertas.conf he desires. Luckily, we don'
t mess with this too much.

At some point however, I hope that hacking in the initrd gets a bit
more practical.

cheers,

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions