[Sugar-devel] Wanting to know a bit of (NetworkManager) workflow upon resume-from-suspend

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Thu May 10 18:03:38 EDT 2012

On Thu, May 10, 2012 at 1:23 PM, Ajay Garg <ajay at activitycentral.com> wrote:
> If I boot with "/security/develop.sig" folder in my pendrive,
> a)
> mesh-icons are observed in neighborhood-view, both during reboot and
> resume-from-suspend.

Welcome to the initramfs stage of your journey! When the laptop needs
activation, it loads a different initramfs that among other things
loads the libertas module.

You need to get your /etc/modprobe.d/ files into the initramfs. For
your vanilla build, look into dracut-modules-olpc. If you're hoping to
get this integrated into a build with an alternative initramfs (hint:
Ceibal) that build will have a custom version of dracut-modules-olpc.

That is the right way. When the laptop is in secure mode, olpc.fth is
_ignored_, so no chance to set a kernel cmdline there.

An easier alternative might be to check for those flags under /sys,
and if they are there, rmmod/modprobe libertas  for example in
olpc-configure (so during early boot).

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions