New boot animation for 12.1.0

Daniel Drake dsd at laptop.org
Thu Mar 29 13:59:24 EDT 2012

2012/3/29 Manuel Quiñones <manuq at laptop.org>:
> Taking into account your considerations (one frame per second
> animation, no time for fancy stuff, and also not needed) I did this
> mockup:
>
> http://dev.laptop.org/~manuq/bootmock.gif
>
> It preserves the ring and makes it a spinner animation of 4 frames.
> The freeze image has all dots the same color.  What do you think?

Looks great!

Only thing is that (on most boots) we won't have time to run the full
animation. It will maybe show 1 or 2 frames then jump to the final
one. I think that's OK - just pointing it out.

The first frame should have the bottom-center dot in dark-grey to
match the firmware. (currently you have that in frame 2)

If people agree with this design I'll go ahead and implement it.

Thanks,
Daniel