[Techteam] Announcing Q4D06 for XO-1.75

Sascha Silbe silbe at activitycentral.com
Tue Mar 27 08:04:57 EDT 2012

Excerpts from Andres Salomon's message of 2012-03-26 20:46:14 +0200:

> Q4D06 will be unable to boot kernels that don't support a non-flattened
> device-tree.
[Some minor points were clarified on techteam@ / via private email, but
the essence is that installing Q4D06+ will result in older kernels not
being able to boot anymore]

Thanks! So I need to bisect before updating OFW.

> Kernel support has been there for a little while now*, so
> your existing kernel _may_ support it.  I can't say for sure without
> knowing which kernel you're running.
>
> * Added on Feb 3rd w/ commit 4e23d0d5 ["olpc: convert device-tree code
> to support both prom DT and flat DT"]

The latest kernel that worked reliably was from November 2011. Bisection
is somewhere in the 3.0.0 line of commits now; hopefully we'll know more
soon.

Sascha

--
http://sascha.silbe.org/