[Techteam] Announcing Q4D06 for XO-1.75

Andres Salomon dilinger at queued.net
Mon Mar 26 14:46:14 EDT 2012

On Mon, 26 Mar 2012 20:08:34 +0200
Sascha Silbe <silbe at activitycentral.com> wrote:

> Excerpts from James Cameron's message of 2012-03-21 06:11:57 +0100:
>
> > - enable flattened device tree export to Linux, requires recent
> >   kernels, ticket #11568,
>
> Does this just mean that recent kernels are needed in order to benefit
> from FDT passing, or is Q4D06 unable to boot kernels that expect a
> non-flattened (un-flattened?) device tree?

Q4D06 will be unable to boot kernels that don't support a non-flattened
device-tree.  Kernel support has been there for a little while now*, so
your existing kernel _may_ support it.  I can't say for sure without
knowing which kernel you're running.

* Added on Feb 3rd w/ commit 4e23d0d5 ["olpc: convert device-tree code
to support both prom DT and flat DT"]