[OLPC Engineering] [Techteam] 12.1.0 devel build 5 released, for the XO-1, XO-1.5 and XO-1.75

Niels de Vos devos at fedoraproject.org
Tue Mar 27 04:19:07 EDT 2012

On Mon, Mar 26, 2012 at 7:49 PM, Chris Ball <cjb at laptop.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Mon, Mar 26 2012, Niels de Vos wrote:
>> Now, I'd like to have the wireless working somehow. Any hints, or is
>> there a ticket open for this already?
>
> We're not sure why the crashes are happening.  If you (or anyone else)
> would be willing to help debug, it'd be appreciated.  Either of these
> two tests would be helpful:
>
> (1) Try installing the kernel from 11.3.1 build os31 on os5:
>
>     http://dev.laptop.org/~kernels/public_rpms/f14-xo1.75/kernel-3.0.19_xo1.75-20120320.1540.olpc.7e610e7.armv7l.rpm
>
>    and see if the problem persists.

I tried (1) and the problem is not gone with that kernel. What I did was this:

1. boot the kernel
2. switch to console (CTRL+ALT+F2) to prevent locking up in plymouth
3. try to unload the libertas_sdio module (fails with kernel stack
dump, but prevents timeout spamming)
4. # systemctl start powerd.service
5. show the systemd-journal to check that powerd has been started
6. wait until powerd kicks in
7. take a picture of the screen:
   - https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/mM9iK5dMUyz4BC54Wahn5PPU9FZYZ9jHSbJOykEfJc8?feat=directlink

This does not tell me a lot. Let me know if you want me to try booting
(which kernel?) with 'no_console_suspend' and do some more tests.
Unfortunately I do not have a working serial console setup atm
(missing the USB-cable).